As I develop my .NET Core application, I encounter an issue while working with a customer object containing a list of customers. When attempting to remove objects, I receive the error message: "The entity type 'List<Customers>' was not found. Ensure that the entity type has been added to the model."

I identified the root cause of the problem:

Initially, I was using the Remove method incorrectly in the following manner:

var listOfItems = await DbContext.Customers.ToListAsync();

I realized that I needed to make a slight adjustment:

var listOfItems = await DbContext.Customers.ToListAsync();

By changing Remove to RemoveRange, I successfully resolved the issue, this change ensures that I can remove a range of items from the DbContext rather than attempting to remove a single item, thus aligning with the correct usage of the Remove method in Entity Framework Core.


I faced the same issue, then realized that I was using the base DbContext class instead of the custom database context class we defined during the scaffolding of the database.

Initially, the context was instantiated in the controller script as follows:

private readonly DbContext _context;
public ProductController(DbContext context)
    _context = context;

After identifying the issue, we made the necessary adjustments like below:

private readonly AppDbContext _context;
public ProductController(AppDbContext context)
    _context = context;

Additionally, we updated the configuration in the startup.cs file:

services.AddDbContext<AppDbContext>(options => options
    .UseMySql("connection string",
    mysqlOptions => mysqlOptions.ServerVersion()

If you are encountering this error, there are a few reasons why it might occur. Please follow these steps and check your code:

  1. One common reason for this error is that the entity type required by the application has not been properly defined or added to the model, thisĀ could be due to oversight during development or an incomplete configuration.
  2. Check there might be an error in the configuration settings, such as incorrect naming conventions or mismatched references, leading to the failure to recognize the entity type.
  3. In some cases, data integrity issues within the underlying database or data source could cause the entity type to be missing or unrecognized by the system.

We need to follow these steps to resolved this issue:

  1. Check the entity type that the application is expecting to find. Ensure that it has been correctly defined and added to the model.
  2. InvestigateĀ the configuration files or settings related to entity types and confirm that they are accurate. Especially Pay attention to naming conventions and references.

For example, if we are developing a web application that relies on a database to store user information, and we encounter this error when attempting to retrieve user profiles, we would first verify that the "User" entity type has been properly defined in our application's model. We would then check the database schema to ensure that the "User" table exists and contains the necessary fields.


As I'm wokring into ASP.NET Core and attempt to insert an entity into an Entity Framework Core model scaffolded from a simple existing database:

The entity model I'm working with looks like this:

public class Product
    public int Id { get; set; }
    public string Name { get; set; }
    public string Price { get; set; }
    public string Keywords { get; set; }

The database context (_context) has been properly initialized in the controller's constructor. However, when I try to add a new entity using _context.Products.AddSync(products);, it throws the following exception:

System.InvalidOperationException: The entity type 'Product was not found. Ensure that the entity type has been added to the model.

While troubleshooting, we identified that the issue from using the incorrect method to start tracking the model. Instead of using AddRangeAsync for our list of models, we mistakenly utilized AddAsync. AddAsync is typically used for adding a single entity to the context, while AddRangeAsync is for adding a collection of entities.